Programme for Monday 18/11/2019
Jyväskylä University Main Building Capitolium
8.30-9.15 Registration and morning coffee/tea in Capitolium lobby
9.15-12.00 Plenary in university main building Capitolium main lecture hall C1
- Opening addresses by ESHA (project coordinator) and JYU (host)
- Highlights of EEPN first year desk research reports
- EEPN recommendations for attractive career paths for teachers and school leaders
European Commission view on developing education policy
- Monika Kepe-Holmberg, Deputy Head of Unit ‘Schools and Multilingualism’
Finnish Ministry of Education view on developing education policy
- Mika Parkkari, Special Adviser to the Minister of Education
Conference participants discuss their examples, and analyse and give feedback to the recommendations in smaller groups facilitated by EEPN leadership team members. The discussion focuses on both the recommendations and how to implement them in various EU member countries on the national, local and school level.
- School leadership for quality and inclusive school environment – what are the new developments?
- How does school leadership face new challenges? Support to teachers and school leaders via training and other tools.
- Collaborative and democratic school leadership: is it a dream?
- Professional autonomy of teachers and school leaders, support of research?
- Open schools: how can school leadership and teaching be supported by the cooperation of schools with families, local communities, formal, informal and non-formal learning spaces, researchers, and other stakeholders?
15.00-15.45 Coffee break
15.45-17.30 Discussing workshop results
There will be two panels discussing the workshop results. The first one will reflect on the recommendations and there evidence-basis. The latter one will focus on how to implement the recommendations. Participants will have online opportunity to comment on the discussion in the annual conference eplatform. The workshop will end with presenting the goals and process for the second year of EEPN.
- Panel: How can further research support the implementation of policy recommendations? (JYU, EERA, NEPC)
- Panel: How can the implementation of the policy recommendations be achieved? (European Commission, Finnish Presidency, ESHA, ETUCE, EFEE)
17.30-19.00 Cocktail reception for conference attendants in Capitolium Building Lobby